Excavating is more than just digging a hole. Find out why excavation is so important in construction projects.
The most important step in construction is excavation
Excavation goes beyond digging a hole. Excavating is the act of moving soil and rock from one’s workplace in order to create an open hole, trench, or tunnel. This work may include drilling, trenching, and grading. This usually involves heavy machinery such as bulldozers and backhoes, excavators, and forward loaders. Every construction project needs excavating because it provides a solid foundation and a stable surface for surrounding properties.
What do Excavation Companies Do?
An excavation company’s functions include site preparation, leveling, trenching, and drilling. Excavation is used to build foundations, basements roads, driveways, and sidewalks as well as sewer lines, pipes, and drainage.
The entire process involves:
- Preparing the ground. A professional excavation company will collaborate with other experts like permit services, utility companies, and land surveyors before any hole is dug. After clearing the area of trees, logs, and boulders, it is time to stake the area.
- Site excavation, drilling and digging. They will grade and smoothen the soil, remove any structures in the way, then haul away dirt, debris, and other work. A professional grading firm in Central Oregon will ensure that soil preparation is done so that drainage can take place below the ground. It is important to do site work in order to stabilize the area for construction and address concerns about erosion or damage caused by drainage. A basement excavation company in Central Oregon will make sure that your basement remains dry.
- Trenching services. A skilled Central Oregon trenching firm will dig the necessary trenches for foundation footing and utility lines.
- Other work might include cutting and filling, moving earth from high areas to fill in lower ones.
A Central Oregon excavation firm will manage the project, as well as handle the necessary permits. This includes the planning of drainage, demolition, removal, trucking, and material delivery.
How to make your excavation projects a success
Excavating is not an easy task. This requires knowledge in the following areas.
- It is important to plan the entire project so that everyone involved has a clear understanding of the work. This will ensure that excavations are both safe and successful.
- It is important to create a solid schedule and follow the steps in a logical order.
- Stormwater management and drainage must be addressed in order to prevent soil erosion and avoid any damage to the structure being built.
- You must plan carefully to ensure that you don’t compromise any underground utilities.
- Participants in a project must communicate well and have trust to ensure that the project can move forward successfully.
How to choose the right excavating company
- Determine the nature of the project and its requirements.
- Take into account the experience of candidates’ companies.
- Take into account customer satisfaction ratings for candidate companies.
- Make sure that the company you choose has the correct equipment.
- You should ensure that the company you choose is insured, licensed, and bonded.
- Take into account the cost.
This post was written by Tanner Brown. Tanner is the Owner and operator of Greenbar Excavation. Greenbar Excavation is a fully licensed, insured, and accredited Excavation company based in Prineville, Oregon. Greenbar Excavation is one of the top companies for Septic pumping in Central Oregon. Don’t look further, go with the company with your best interest in mind!