This guide will tell you how much it costs for a variety of tree types to be removed from your property. These guidelines are not meant to be a guideline. There is no way to know the exact cost of removing a tree. The complexity and height are two of the pricing factors. Costs can also vary depending on the location and condition of the tree.
A tree can be removed for an average of $150 to $1500. Other tree services might be more expensive. Depending on many factors, the average stump removal price is $60-$350 and the average stump grinding cost is $75-$1,000.
What is included with basic tree removal services?
While there are many levels of tree removal service, the most common ones are the basic ones. The tree will need to be cut down. The contractor will usually have to rope down the tree, climb it, and then cut it into smaller pieces. It may be possible to have the tree removed at no additional cost (or included in the estimate). You can also read our guide to what you should ask when hiring a tree removal service.
Services that may cost extra
Many people require more than just a tree removal service. If the price does not include tree limb removal, you might have to pay an additional fee. The cost of tree limb removal varies but is typically between $50 and $75.
You may also be able to add additional services for an additional fee, such as:
- Tree Removal – The cost of tree removal is almost always included in the stump removal price. Unless you have paid extra, you will usually be left with a stump. You may be able to get the stump removed at a discounted price. This extra service is often a cost-plus. However, sub-contractors may be required to use different equipment. The cost of removing a stump will depend on its diameter. Expect to pay $60-$350 per stump. It is cheaper to remove a rotting stump than a solid, healthy one.
- Limb Cutting – Rather than paying more to have your limbs removed, you might opt to have them chipped. This shouldn’t be much more expensive if the tree service has one. If the chipper is not included, you might have to pay about $75 more for it to be done.
- Tree Trunk Removing – The tree company should at the very minimum cut the tree trunk into smaller pieces, which will make it much easier to transport them elsewhere. You will have to pay more if you want the company to take them away. This service will cost you between $50 to $100.
- Travel expenses – If the tree removal company must travel quite a distance, then you may have to pay travel expenses. You may also need to pay for driving time.
- Log splitting – This is an additional service for people with fireplaces. If offered by the tree service, they may bring a log splitting machine. This service is not included in the price, but there is usually an additional $75 to the total cost.
This post was written by Cody O’Connor, owner of www.arborwisetreeservices.com. Robert Miller is the owner of Arbor Wise Professional Tree Care, a locally owned and operated tree service company that offers superb lawn care by the most experienced Arborists. Arbor Wise Tree Services is a tree removal company that offers stump removal, tree pruning, stump grinding, fertilization, and tree restoration. We have an extraordinary lawn care industry notoriety covering the Pinellas county area.